Registration has closed as the course is currently full. Thank you for your interest in the course.
This course will provide demonstration and hands-on dissection of the commonly used free tissue transfers for Head and Neck reconstruction. A full day of lectures will provide the participant in-depth information on disease management and free tissue transfer techniques from the leading experts. Limit: 40 participants, 10 observers max
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the principles and options in reconstruction of the oral cavity and oropharynx
- Describe the forearm flap anatomy and its harvest technique
- Describe the anterolateral thigh flap and its harvest technique
- Describe the lateral arm flap anatomy and its harvest technique
- Describe the anatomy and harvest technique for the rectus abdominus flap
- Describe and discuss the principles in mandibular reconstruction as well as be able to describe the anatomy and harvest technique of the free fibular flap.
- Describe and perform contouring of the fibular transfer to a mandibular reconstruction plate
- Describe principles in maxillary reconstruction and the anatomy and dissection technique for the scapula system of flaps as well as the deep circumflex iliac artery flap (DCIA)