The Dave Davis research award recognizes an outstanding completed research project in continuing professional development in the Faculty of Medicine.
Dr. Dave Davis has had a long and distinguished career in Continuing Education at the University of Toronto. He was the Associate Dean of Continuing Education at the University of Toronto from 1994-2005. Dr. Davis laid the groundwork for the concept of evidence-based Continuing Education with several seminal publications outlining what education delivery methods are effective agents of change for health professional behavior and patient outcome. In 2001, he established the University of Toronto Knowledge Translation research program.
Terms of reference:
- All faculty affiliated with University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine are eligible for the award
- Co-PIs are eligible
- This award is for research in Continuing Professional Development only
- An individual who has been previously nominated and has not won an award remains eligible in the succeeding year
- An individual will not normally be considered for the Davis award if he or she has won the award in the previous 3 years
- An individual or group can be nominated for more than one CPD award. Each award nomination requires its own application and documentation specific to the award in which the individual/group has been nominated.
- Write up of the research project (maximum 2000 words) including:
- Background to the research project/question
- Research hypothesis
- Discussion and conclusion
- Impact on the field of CPD
- Letter of support from the Department Chair, CPD Director or representative
- Abbreviated CV (maximum 10 pages for the PI/co-PI)
$500.00 and a certificate Criteria for Award Selection
- Description of project
- Knowledge translation
Awards & Fellowships
CPD has eight annual Awards in Continuing Education that recognize excellence in research, scholarship, innovation, teamwork and long term commitment to continuing education for faculty at the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine. View last years awards winners.
Click on the name of the award to learn more.
Colin R. Woolf Award for Long Term Commitment to Continuing Education
Colin R. Woolf Award for Continuing Education Course Direction
Colin R. Woolf Awards of Excellence for teaching, innovation and long-term commitment to continuing education
Dave Davis Research Award recognizes an outstanding completed research project in continuing education and professional development in the Faculty of Medicine.
David Fear Fellowship awarded to a Faculty of Medicine faculty member to attend an educational leadership course
Fred Fallis Award in Distance Education recognizes an individual or group which has demonstrated innovation and excellence in online learning for health professionals.
Interprofessional Health Care Team Continuing Education Award recognizes excellence in interprofessional team CE and PD designed to enhance interprofessional team practice to improve health care delivery.
Ivan Silver Innovation Award recognizes a CPD initiative developed and delivered by a University of Toronto faculty member or team
Deadline for nominations for the previous academic year is November 30 (If November 30 falls on a weekend the deadline will be the following working day).
- All faculty affiliated with U of T Faculty of Medicine are eligible for consideration.
- Awards are in recognition of U of T accredited Continuing Education courses only.
- An individual who has been previously nominated and has not won an award remains eligible in a succeeding year. A new submission is required.
- An individual will not normally be considered for an award if he or she has won the award in the previous five years. They are however eligible to apply in another category.