The preliminary conference agenda is now available for the North American Refugee Health Conference (NARHC).
This year’s conference will be held from September 9-11, 2021, completely online.
Highlights include presentations by keynote speakers including:
- Dr. Aniyizhai Annamalai, associate professor at Yale University
- Nahlah Ayed, host and producer of CBC IDEAS
- Dr. Sahar Bahadi, pediatrician and advocate
- Dr. Jose Debes, associate professor at the University of Minnesota
- And more
Workshops and abstract presentations will touch on themes such as:
- Chronic Diseases & Nutrition
- Gender & LGTBI
- Women’s Health
- COVID-19 Impacts on Refugees
- And many more
NARHC’s primary purpose is to promote the health of refugee populations during the continuum of their flight, migration, and resettlement by assembling multidisciplinary experts in research, education, advocacy and clinical practice.
We look forward to welcoming all refugee health professionals and experts from related disciplines interested in discussing the best health practices, addressing challenges for optimal care, research and advocacy for the refugee patient population both pre and post-migration and self-care for healers.