This symposium will update lung transplant surgeons, physicians, trainees and other health professionals on current topics in lung transplantation and artificial lung support. The program will cover basic principles in assessment and retrieval of donor lungs, to state of the art Ex Vivo Lung Perfusion (EVLP) and artificial lung devices. New concepts and management of primary graft dysfunction and chronic lung allograft dysfunction will be reviewed. The program will include lectures, discussion with speaker panels, video presentations, questions from the audience and interactive audience response platform.
- Historical perspectives in lung transplantation
- Latest advancements in artificial lung support
- Ex Vivo Lung Perfusion (EVLP)
- Intra-operative tips and tricks to improve outcomes
- Transplantation of highly sensitized patients
- Use of high risk donor organs
Joel D. Cooper, M.D.
Emeritus Professor of Surgery
Division of Thoracic Surgery
University of Pennsylvania Health System
William R. Lynch, M.D.
Associate Professor of Surgery
Section of Thoracic Surgery
University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers
Toronto Thoracic Refresher
June 7-8, 2019
MaRS Discovery District
101 College St
Visit Website →