This is a 1-day interactive workshop with case-based exercises, peer assessment exercises and training on practice tools. It addresses the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Medical Record Keeping Policy.
Pre-workshop and post-workshop assignments are required. Post-workshop assignments are submitted electronically through an online platform.
Learn How To:
- Maintain medical records to ensure quality of care, continuity of care, assessment of care, and evidence of care.
- Navigate and apply the components and direction in the CPSO Medical Records Policy.
- Assess and improve medical records according to criteria defined in the Policy
After active engagement in this workshop you will be better able to:
- Identify the benefits of keeping good Medical Records for patients, their families, other medical providers, and yourself.
- Define the requirements of complete Medical Records, and apply the tools to maintain them.
- Evaluate the relevance and impact of electronic Medical Records in your practice.
- Assess and improve your own Medical Records in practice.
93% of participants felt confident they could assess and improve their Medical Records Practice.
"Very helpful! The template and resources are great - they will help me to improve my practice."
"This has reinvigorated me and made me consider new directions in patient care."