We have created an online form to capture all the required information.
Please complete the form before Friday August 6, 2021.
Digital Oral Presentation are a total of 10-minutes (10-minute live interactive presentation with audience engagement plus 5-minutes for Q & A). Please use the information below to prepare your PowerPoint.
Slide Format (North American Refugee Health)
Your presentation must not exceed 6 slides and must follow a specific format.
Content for PowerPoint presentations, websites and printed materials should not contain copyright-protected work. However, if the materials are deemed essential, the application of Fair Dealing may apply.
All presentations must comply with patient confidentiality agreements. Patient names should not be used, and images must not contain identifiable features (e.g., institutional location of scan, date of scan, patient date of birth, MRN, photography that shows facial or other identifiable features etc.).
Recording Powerpoint (Windows)
The following resources will help you record your PowerPoint on Windows:
Recording Powerpoint (Mac)
The following resources will help you record your PowerPoint on a Mac:
Recording in Zoom
You can also record your presentation directly using zoom.
After reviewing the above requirements and ensuring your presentation has included the mandatory slides, please upload your presentation.
24-hours in advance of the conference, you will receive a calendar invite and an email with a presenter link for your unique session(s). This link must be used to access your session. Any other links will not provide you access as the presenter.
1 hour prior to the start of your session, open the presenter link. We will then conduct a platform orientation and rehearsal to test your presentation, audio and video setup.
The following resources will ensure your presentation is compatible with the platform and runs smoothly.
- A stable high-speed internet connection – a wired ethernet connection rather than WiFi is recommended
- A headset with built-in microphone
- Adequate lighting
Please remember to use a Chrome Browser; ensure you download this in advance if you do not have it installed. Other browsers will cause technical issues.
Video & Audio Tips
- Silence any ringers or notifications, close your door, alert co-workers, or family members that you can’t be disturbed
- Make ‘eye-contact’ whenever possible. Don’t read your presentation script off the screen
- Be more expressive than you would be in a traditional lecture (due to less nonverbal cues)
- Prepare a glass of water so you will not need to get up during your presentation
- Ensure your laptop is plugged in