On behalf of the Planning Committee, we would like to announce the 2018 Toronto Anesthesia Symposium taking place in downtown Toronto, April 14-15, 2018. This year’s theme, Anesthesia, current delusions and misconceptions, will bring together experts to discuss our current state of practice and provide clarity and guidance regarding many misconceptions, as presented by invited and local faculty.
Some highlighted topics and goals of the symposium include:
- POCUS in the Obstetric Patient
- Non-Invasive Cardiac Output Monitoring: Is it useful?
- Stop and Think: Peri-operative precautions with the use of opioids
- Cannabis, no worries (in the OR and chronic pain clinic)
- My child needs surgery performed under general anesthesia – what questions should I be asking?
- Fluid Responsive vs. Hypovolemic: Hypothetical Cases
- Airway Ultrasound in Surgical Airways
We cordially invite you to actively participate in this conference. Saturday morning is devoted to eight unique topics presented by experts in their field, while Saturday afternoon provides the opportunity for engaging discussion during the very relevant PBL topics. Sunday morning provides a diverse choice in workshops which will sharpen your skills necessary for current and future challenges.