This interactive program will provide an intensive year-long introductory curriculum on current approaches and techniques to help physicians increase their knowledge and clinical skills in office counselling and psychotherapy.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will have:
- Increased their feeling of competence in office counselling and psychotherapy
- Enhanced their ability to work with psychosocial issues and the patient-doctor relationship
- Increased the time they spend in practice doing psychotherapy with individuals and families or couples
- Increased their overall comfort levels in counselling individuals, couples and families
Family Physicians in active practice who are either doing or considering to do Counselling and Psychotherapy as part of their practice. This program is particularly valuable for those who did not receive training in Counselling and Psychotherapy in medical school.
Dates for the Next Program in 2023:
- September 29-October 1, 2023
- November 17-19, 2023
- January 19-21, 2024
- March 1-3, 2024
- May 3-5, 2024
Mainpro+© and MDPAC Accredited
This 1-credit-per-hour Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 196.5 Mainpro+© credits.
Approved for 13 hours of MDPAC Group-CE credits per week-end x 5 week-ends (total 65 hours). Approved for 2 hours of CCI per week-end (automatically calculated when MDPAC member submits Group CE hours) – total 10 hours and 2 hours of MDPAC CCI credits per Mentoring session x 4 sessions – total 8 hours.
Some comments from past registrants:
"Became a better listener and have more self-confidence."
"The program raised my comfort level in counselling, particularly for couples and families."
"MUCH improved my counselling skills; patients and I are happier."
"Able to decide which patients I can counsel, and which I refer."