The 2017 Walter Wright annual ophthalmology review symposium will focus on glaucoma management by the comprehensive ophthalmologist: the most significant changes in the in the past decade as well as the most important trends occurring now.
World-renowned experts will update participants on the diagnosis and treatment of common glaucoma disorders. This meeting will feature an innovative and highly interactive format between the speaker and the audience, incorporating electronic polling and social media for real-time feedback. Speakers will be posed topical questions highly relevant to the day-to-day management of glaucoma. They will be challenged to deliver a key “pearl” or take-home-message that participants can immediately apply in their offices. In the spirit of friendly competition, the “pearls” delivered by speakers will be rated by the audience, and scores posted in real-time on a speaker “leaderboard”. At the end of the meeting, the top 10 pearls will be reviewed and discussed by a panel of comprehensive ophthalmologists and glaucoma specialists who will vote on the winner of the prestigious “COMA” award for the best glauCOMA pearl of the meeting.
Topics will include:
- EMR and glaucoma – how does it help manage a chronic disease over the course of decades or longer? Can I stay with paper until retirement?
- Home IOP-monitoring –ready for prime time yet?
- rNFL OCT progression with stable fields – should I change my therapy, and how? Is surgery indicated?
- Ganglion cell analysis with OCT – are the clinical correlations there yet?
- Evaluating narrow angles – do I need anterior segment OCT, or will tried-and-true gonioscopy still suffice?
- OCT angiography – if the retina doc has one anyway, should I start sending my glaucoma patients for testing?
- Marijuana and glaucoma – any disease benefits, other than making your patients less worried about going blind?
- Ocular surface disease and glaucoma – why this dry topic cannot be avoided
- COS glaucoma guidelines a decade later – What’s still current? What’s dated?
- Steroid responders – how do I minimize IOP spikes when treating chronic uveitis?
- Anti-VEGF’s – do they treat glaucoma, cause glaucoma, or both?
- Alphabet soup of proliferation in MIGS – what procedures should the comprehensive ophthalmologist pay the most attention to?
- Trabeculoplasty – should I buy a micropulse trabeculoplasty laser, or will SLT do just fine?
- Angle closure – when is it time to skip the LPI and head straight to cataract surgery?
- Trabs in the next decade – still a role when you gotta go real low, or time to retire the procedure?
- Cataract surgery in glaucoma patients – what is the right (and wrong) IOL choice?
Toronto Cataract Conference
Hilton Downtown Toronto, 145 Richmond Street
Visit Conference Website
58th Annual Ophthalmology Update - Walter Wright Symposium
Metro Toronto Convention Centre, 255 Front St W, Toronto, ON