Each year, CPD recognizes excellence in research, scholarship, innovation, teamwork and long term commitment to continuing education for faculty at the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine.
This year seven awards were distributed. We are pleased to share the names and accomplishments of the 2016-2017 winners. Congratulations!
Fred Fallis Award in Distance Education
Recognizes an individual or group which has demonstrated innovation and excellence in online learning for health professionals.
- Abhimanyu Sud, Lecturer, Family & Community Medicine – Safer Opioids Prescribing
Colin Woolf Awards
- Barbara-Ann Millar, Assistant Professor, Radiation Oncology
- Evan Propst, Associate Professor, Otolaryngology (7th Toronto International Pediatric Endoscopic/3rd Toronto International Pediatric Open Airway)
Longterm Contributions to Continuing Professional Development
- Diana Kljenak, Assistant Professor, Psychiatry
David Fear Fellowship
Awarded to a Faculty of Medicine faculty member to attend an educational leadership course
- Sandra de Montbrun, Assistant Professor, Surgery
Ivan Silver Innovation Award
Recognizes a CPD initiative developed and delivered by a University of Toronto faculty member or team
- Shady Ashmalla, Assistant Professor, Surgery, Transanal Total Mesorectal Excision (TaTME) program
Interprofessional Health Care Team Continuing Education Award
Recognizes excellence in interprofessional team CE and PD designed to enhance interprofessional team practice to improve health care delivery.
- Lorna Bain (Lecturer) and Zaev Wulffhart (Assistant Professor), Medicine – 6th Interprofessional Faculty Development Workshop, Southlake Regional Health Ctr