Health by Design: An Introduction to Design Thinking is a new digital certificate program running from January 12 – March 9, 2023, that introduces human-centred design for healthcare. This intensive nine-week online program introduces the theory and practice of design thinking and seeks to improve participants’ creative confidence through the practical application of design thinking tools and processes.
Through five live online interactive workshops, four asynchronous sessions, and a small group project, the program explores how design mindsets and methods can power the development of new health services and products rooted in people’s lived experience.
This program is designed for healthcare professionals from multiple disciplines interested in creative problem solving, leading change, or exploring innovation in healthcare. Participants will explore different approaches, experiment, and collaborate with a diverse group of learners to generate novel ideas and new perspectives on common healthcare issues.
Upon completion of the Health by Design certificate program, participants will:
- Appreciate the mindsets and methods required to practice human-centred design.
- Become adept at using design thinking research tools to generate relevant qualitative and ethnographic data.
- Discover how to synthesize qualitative insights about users’ experiences, gathered through interviews and other forms of primary and secondary research, into a scoped and defined problem frame.
- Amplify their creativity and generate solutions and interventions to a challenge.
- Design and iterate prototypes to address users’ needs.
Visit the program website for additional information.