Building on the momentum and legacy of the newly revised conference in 2022, the Canadian Health and Wellbeing in Developmental Disabilities Conference returns this year on February 8 and 9, 2023.
Returning to a digital conference platform allows us to widen participation and build dialogue from coast-to-coast. Attendees will connect with health care providers, allied health professionals, community partners, educators, and advocates who are passionate about supporting the health and well-being of people with developmental disabilities.
The conference committee has organized an agenda that recognizes the importance of collaboration among health professionals, families, and community groups.
A keynote presentation featuring members of the International Adult Leadership Collaborative of FASD Changemakers will open the conference. Invited guests will share their research, knowledge, and experiences on the Meaningful Inclusion & Neurodiversity and End-of-Life Planning keynote panels.
Grouped around the following themes, this year’s interactive workshops will explore:
- building community and creating opportunities for socialization
- positive impacts of engaging with art and sport
- understanding and managing conditions such as hydration, digestive health, and dysphagia
- improving equitable access to support and healthcare
- navigating social transitions
- the importance of collaboration when supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
Ultimately, attendees will take away informative updates and practical, innovative, and promising practices that contribute to positive physical and mental health outcomes for people with developmental disabilities across the lifespan.