This conference has been approved by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario for 6 CE Credits, Category 1: Core Courses
The number of Canadians living to be 100 years old continues to grow! We need to learn how to help this new generation of SuperAgers live quality lives. The Department of Dentistry at Mount Sinai Hospital is pleased to present a jam-packed day of learning with our annual Update in Dentistry Symposium. The program will consist of lectures and workshops from our top experts in geriatric medicine, dental anesthesia, prosthodontics, periodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, oral and maxillofacial radiology, oral and maxillofacial pathology and oral medicine, special care dentistry, endodontics and dental public health.
Did you know: In 2018, there were 9,457 centenarians in Canada, and that number has consistently increased year over year. In 2022, there were 13,485, according to Statistics Canada. That’s about a 43 per cent increase over four years.
After active participation in this program, participants will:
- Possess current and relevant knowledge to provide comprehensive and appropriate care for the older patient now referred to as the young-old.
- Understand the role of the dental team in the integrated, interprofessional approach to patient care
- Effectively manage dental care in complex medical and polypharmacy scenarios
- Assess and dentally manage common geriatric syndromes that impact dental care
- Examine the implications of living longer on clinical practice and think long term about treatment decisions and restorations
*In the event that changing public health conditions or regulations prevent conference from taking place in-person, an online version will be made available. Please stay tuned to the program website for updates.