- Maintain Medical Records to ensure quality of care, continuity of care, assessment of care, and evidence of care.
- Navigate and apply the components and direction in the CPSO Medical Records Policy.
- Assess and improve medical records according to criteria defined in the Policy
After active engagement in this workshop you will be better able to:
- Identify the benefits of keeping good Medical Records for patients, their families, other medical providers, and yourself.
- Define the requirements of complete Medical Records, and apply the tools to maintain them.
- Evaluate the relevance and impact of electronic Medical Records in your practice.
- Assess and improve your own Medical Records in practice.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD), Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME), a subcommittee of the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS). This standard allows CPD to assign credits for educational activities based on the criteria established by The College of Family Physicians of Canada, and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.