The Canadian Children, Youth and Communities (CCYC) In | Equity Conference is an interdisciplinary conference designed to bring together pediatric health and allied health care professionals to address health care inequities from birth to adolescence using a family-centred approach.
This conference explores health equity topics specific to marginalized communities in the Canadian health care system and offers approaches that can be implemented to address barriers in accessing healthcare for under serviced, high-risk and economically disadvantaged children and youth.
Target Audience: This conference is for pediatric health, primary care and allied health professionals in academic and community settings nationwide who are looking to inform their professional practice with a health equity lens. We also invite youth, caregivers and community members to attend the conference to contribute to discussions around addressing system level equity issues. Those seeking approaches to address barriers in accessing health care and ways in which to implement these approaches may find the conference helpful.
Overall goals of the conference are:
- To develop a network of researchers interested in health equity in children, youth and their families
- To offer solutions to addressing systemic inequities in health from birth to adolescence
Throughout this conference, attendees will explore health system inequity issues specific to children and youth. By the end of the conference, they will be able to:
- Demonstrate an increased awareness and identify solutions to addressing systemic inequities in health from birth to adolescence in a post-pandemic world
- Critically apply an equity lens to addressing social determinants of physical, developmental and mental health for children, youth and their families in the context of their health systems and communities.
- Implement innovative and collaborative approaches to addressing barriers to accessing quality healthcare for children, youth and their families.
Healthcare Inequities and Health care System Barriers Among All Children, Youth and Communities
Impact and considerations of various social determinants of health and inequity on the well-being of children, youth and communities
Solutions to address system level inequities among vulnerable and marginalized populations from birth to adolescence