Safer Opioid Prescribing is amongst the longest running opioid CPD programs in the country. It was the first accredited program to offer a curriculum that reflected the updated Canadian Guideline for Opioids for Chronic Non-Cancer Pain.
Using the education methodology geared to changing practice, the program’s three webinars and capstone workshop ensure that physicians and health care providers have the most up to date skills to improve their opioid prescribing and chronic pain management.
Safer Opioid Prescribing assists physicians in acquiring knowledge and learning new skills in chronic pain management and opioid prescribing.
Through the webinar series and workshop physicians will better be able to:
- Employ multi-modal approaches to complex chronic pain
- Initiate & manage effective opioid therapy
- Prevent & address opioid use disorder.
- Communicate & collaboration with patients and other health care providers to optimize patient care.
Opioid prescribing is a critical and challenging component of pain management. This program is designed to prepare participants to:
- Assess and prescribe effectively, even in cases of complex chronic pain
- Share experiences of tough opioid prescribing challenges, including addiction, and learn from peers who have confronted similar situations
- Gain confidence in the application of the most recent Canadian Guidelines for Opioids
- Improve communication skills to ensure effective patient management and reduce medicolegal risk
The development and delivery of this program and its faculty are held to the highest ethical standard of having no industry-related conflicts of interest.