- What is Saegis and how are they involved in the Safer Opioid Prescribing program?
Saegis is a subsidiary of the CMPA that offers in-depth and specialized healthcare solutions to reduce risk and improve patient safety. Its programs and services address the specific challenges facing including physicians, healthcare professionals, teams, hospitals and clinics.
U of T partnered with Saegis in order to expand the awareness and reach of the Safer Opioid Prescribing program outside of Ontario, and across Canada.
- What happens if participants are unable to attend one of the webinars?
All three webinars and the workshop must be completed to meet program requirements. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if one of your participants is unable to complete the series.
- How is the program delivered?
Webinars and Workshop – the three webinars and workshop are offered online; participants can take part from anywhere in Canada.
- Is the program available in French?
Currently the webinars are only available in English. The workshop can be conducted in French.
- When will participants get their accreditation letter?
Accreditation letters will be issued after the post-work assignments have been reviewed. This can take up to 6 weeks.
- How do participants obtain full credits for the program?
In order to obtain full credits, participant must attend all sessions and complete all assignments. See the accreditation page for full details.
- If participants don’t have access to patient records to complete the assignments. What can they do?
If participants do not have access to current patient records to complete the assignments, please use past records or consult with a colleague. You must complete the assignments to receive full credits.
- When do participants gain access to the pre-session assignments?
The pre-session assignment will be sent to participants three weeks before the start date. For participants that register less than three weeks before, pre-session assignment will be sent following registration.
The pre-session assignment must be submitted before the start of the webinar series or workshop.
- When are post-session assignments due?
- Webinar: Each post-session assignment is due 3 weeks after the webinar.
- Workshop: The first post-session assignment is due 4 weeks after the workshop and the second is due 8 weeks after the workshop.
- When will participants be able to access the link to the webinars?
You will receive the access link in the week prior to the webinar. Please ensure that your system works by testing Zoom. Computer system requirements can be found on the opioid webinar website for details.
- I have another question not addressed here. Who should I contact?
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
What is the time investment required for the pre-work?
Registrants should allocate 30-60 minutes in order to complete the pre-work.