We are pleased to once again be offering grant funding in support of CPD. The newly revised CPD Advancement and Ideas grants are intended to support research and scholarly activities focused on the continuing professional development of practicing healthcare professionals.
Under this new structure, two streams of opportunities will be available:
- one grant worth up to $10,000 CAD with required matching funds focused on Advancing the Science of CPD. It is expected that those who are applying within this stream have a body of literature already in place and expect to take that knowledge and advance the work. This may be tied to an existing program of research, but this is not required.
- up to three grants worth up to $5000 CAD with no required matching funds focused on CPD Ideas. It is expected that those who are applying within this stream have an idea they wish to explore and need further funding to support that exploration.
The 2021-22 grant program will accept proposals relevant to the mission of CPD at the University of Toronto and/or aligned with the following themes:
- Building a Resilient CPD System: focused on individual and/or organizational and/or structural models of achieving and sustaining wellness and resiliency within CPD programs and/or structures
- Building a Compassionate CPD System: focused on the development of compassion and compassionate care within CPD programs and/or structures.
- Building the Evidentiary Base for CPD: focused on leveraging and extending visions for CPD that have been previously articulated (e.g. FMEC:CPD), allowing for the exploration and extension of key theoretical underpinnings of CPD.
In addition, all grant applications must contribute to a fourth theme: building an equitable, diverse, inclusive, accessible, and/or socially just CPD system. All applicants will be asked how their proposals will contribute to this theme.
The CPD Advancement and Ideas Grants support new discoveries in CPD. This could include areas around understanding CPD broadly (conceptual frameworks, theoretical underpinnings, links to better patient and community health outcomes), generating new areas of research or new discoveries in the field of CPD, all requiring strong research and/or evaluation questions to direct the investigation. Collaboration amongst health professions is encouraged. Projects that seek to evaluate a CPD program should demonstrate relevance to other CPD programs and this connection should be explicitly stated in the application.
We invite you to register for our free online workshop to learn more about CPD scholarship, the grants, and the application process. This voluntary workshop will be held online on October 14, 2-4 PM EST.
Applications will be due no later than Monday, January 31st, 2022.
Applications are to be submitted as (preferably) a single PDF file. Requirements for the application are outlined in the document below.
- CPD Advancement & Ideas Grants – Overview, Eligibility and Application Proceedure
- CPD Advancement & Ideas Grants – Budget Guidelines
- Quick Tip: Preparing a CPD Research and Development Grant Application
Monday, January 31st, 2022