What is a Sponsor, what is Sponsorship?
Sponsors and sponsorship have very precise definitions established by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada:
A sponsor is an individual, group, corporation or organization who contributes funds, goods or services to support accredited educational activities, learning resources, or tools.
Sponsorship is the process by which individuals, groups, corporations or organizations provide support (financial or in-kind contributions) to a CPD organizer to support an accredited educational activity, learning resource, or tool.
CPD has many opportunities for industry to support continuing professional development programs. We make it easy to connect with over 38,000 global learners each year.
The Process and Next Steps
We are here to help you easily and responsibly work with the Faculty of Medicine and the University of Toronto.
As a general guiding principle, Continuing Education (CE) must be free of commercial influence, based on best scientific evidence, and focused on improving the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviour of learners. Some key considerations:
- Health care professionals must maintain professional autonomy and independence in relations with industry
- Accredited events and programs must be fair, balanced and free of commercial bias.
- Acceptable commercial support must be distinct from activities intended to promote the marketing of a particular product
- The choice of speakers, subjects of presentations, travel arrangements, registration, expenses and honoraria must all be arranged and paid through event planners, and not through commercial sponsors or their agents
- Presentations must give a balanced view of all relevant therapeutic options available
- All funds from a commercial source must be in the form of an unrestricted educational grant payable to the institution or organization planning the activity. It is acceptable to designate an unrestricted educational grant to a specific CE event. Subsidies must not be accepted if specifically designated for hospitality purposes.
CPD offers over 300 in-person and online events per year. From intimate workshops to web-based courses and large-scale multi-day conferences, CPD can work with you to find a program that fits your organization’s needs. Choose your target market by specialty, area of interest, stage of practice, and more!
Review Sponsorship Opportunities
Selected sponsor opportunities may include, but not be limited to:
Sample Sponsorship Benefits:
- Conference booth location
- Logo placement on print materials
- Logo placement on website
- Passes to event and/ or academic sessions
- Opportunity to hold own satellite symposium
Note: Sponsor benefits vary by Program. See individual Prospectuses by searching for a program or:
Contact our Business Development team to develop a sponsorship solution that fits your needs: email@example.com