The IDEAS Foundations of Quality Improvement provides participants with the knowledge and tools to effectively participate in and contribute to quality improvement projects within or across health care organizations.
After successful completion of the e-learning module and in-person workshop, learners will be able to:
- Apply the principles of quality improvement for healthcare
- Explain a quality improvement aim in accordance with the Model for Improvement
- Explain the application of measurement in accordance with the Model for Improvement
- Collaborate with interprofessional team members to contribute effectively on a quality improvement team
Who Should Register?
Individuals who are currently, or interested in, participating in a QI project as a team member including:
- Clinical (physicians, nurses, other healthcare disciplines)
- Administrative health professionals (managers, directors and senior leaders) who hold a variety of roles and disciplines across the continuum of care
Focus on Applied Learning
Using an evidence based curriculum and instructional design, the IDEAS Foundations of Quality Improvement Program is comprised of a three-hour asynchronous online component and two half-day live webinars.
Prior to the workshop, program participants will need to complete a 4-part asynchronous online module which typically takes 2.5 hours to complete. This will provide the foundation for the webinars. Completion of the online modules is a required component of the IDEAS Program and must be completed prior to attendance at the live webinars.
The workshop is presented in two 3-hour sessions generally 1- 2 weeks apart. Please note that the presentation is not recorded. Attendance at both sessions is mandatory as part of the program.
Many of us aspire to help make our organizations be excellent. The IDEAS Introductory QI Program will give you inspiration, learning and the fundamental tools to initiate and drive your organizations excellence. If you aspire to be excellent, this is the workshop for you!
Jodi Pereira Director of Community Programs, Heart House Hospice
"The two-day program was very well structured and would be valuable for those new to QI as well as those looking for a quick refresher course."
Wenonah Mahase Interim Project Lead, Symptom Management, Cancer Care Ontario
"The program provides an excellent foundation to understand salient principles and activities that apply to quality improvement. It also provides useful tools that can be utilized in QI activities in any organization."
Peter Dominic Mental Health Clinician, Collaborative Care Clinic,St. Joseph's Health Centre, Toronto