Leading and Influencing Change in CPD is a certificate program designed to meet the needs of individuals who are interested in promoting excellence, innovation, and change in continuing education initiatives for health professionals. This program specifically aims to provide the participants with a broad range of valuable management and leadership skills and the tools necessary to lead continuing education initiatives for health professionals in today’s complex health care environment.
By the end of the program, we expect that participants will be able to:
- Identify and discuss how the demands and forces of change in the health care environment have created opportunities and challenges to continuing health education providers;
- Apply innovation principles and change process to lead, implement new initiatives and overcome barriers to change;
- Foster collaboration with a diversity of stakeholders in continuing health education to enable success;
- Lead and promote innovation in continuing health education for Health professionals.
Who Can Benefit?
Individuals who are:
- engaged in continuing health education, knowledge translation, patient safety, quality improvement, performance improvement initiatives or health policy;
- considering career advancement within CPD;
- interested in promoting excellence, innovation, change, and scholarship in continuing education initiatives for health professionals.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Learning Principles and Theories
- Best Practices in Design and Delivery (including simulation with e-technology and IPE)
- CPD in Patient Safety, Quality Improvement, Knowledge Translation
- Partnerships and Collaborations across Sectors
- Managing CPD Programs and Offices
Learning Formats include
- Keynote presentations
- Small group workshops
- Interactive exercises
- Case based learning
- Mentor groups
- Personal projects
Testimonials from 2013/14 Attendees
“Course reflected CE practices that are aspirational in use of IPE, QI and meeting the needs of learning”
“Incredible interprofessional high quality CE as a model as well as content”
“Spoke to so many audiences at so many levels”
“Very high quality faculty, very well designed interactivity”
“Best course of its type I have ever attended”