This program is an exciting new initiative designed for professionals working within the field of CPD. It provides fundamental theory and skill training needed to ensure effectiveness and success of continuing professional development (CPD) activities. Its focus is on practical issues commonly experienced in the design, development and implementation of continuing health education (CHE). As a webinar-based program, participants will have an opportunity to learn from leading experts in the field and to share their experiences with an international audience of learners.
Benefits of the Program
- Internationally renowned faculty
- Individual attention through small group discussions
- Certificate of completion
Who Should Apply
This program is best suited to those already working within the field of CPD.
An international audience comprised of:
- Healthcare professionals
- Continuing health education administrators and managers
- Continuing education leaders and directors
- Industry partners and communication companies
Program Methods & Dates
The program consists of 10 modules delivered through interactive webinars spaced over a 9-month period. Focused reading will be provided in between webinars and participants are encouraged to apply what is learned in the webinars and readings to their own practice setting. Mentors are also available in between webinars. Active participation through asking questions and contributing to discussion is expected.
Program Dates 2023-2024
- Webinar 1: October 10, 2023
- Webinar 2: November 7, 2023
- Webinar 3: December 5, 2023
- Webinar 4: January 9, 2024
- Webinar 5: February 6, 2024
- Webinar 6: March 5, 2024
- Webinar 7: March 26, 2024
- Webinar 8: April 23, 2024
- Webinar 9: May 14, 2024
- Webinar 10: June 11, 2024
Full descriptions are available for the Webinar Topics.
Goals & Objectives
- International impact on the quality of CPD with high-level training
- Create consistency and a common language for health professionals engaged in CPD
- Integrate innovative and best practice initiatives in CPD programs
- Harmonize CPD educational principles across health professions
- Build better programs to improve health care outcomes in your communities
Through active participation in this program, you will be able to:
- Create CPD initiatives based on evidence supporting effectiveness and best practices in CPD
- Establish meaningful goals, objectives and outcome measures for your programs
- Utilize models of program planning for curriculum development
- Determine the appropriate measures to achieve high quality and bias free/balanced CPD program
- Identify future trends in CPD that will impact program delivery
Certified Professional in CPD (Healthcare) Credential
CPD is pleased to announce a formal designation for those engaged professionally in the discipline of CPD and in creating CPD programs: the Certified Professional in CPD (Healthcare) (CPC (HC)) credential.