Program directors who choose to work with CPD can:
- Have access to best practices and expertise for health issues identification, program design, and program production
- Identify programs that address priority health issues, and ultimately drive better public health outcomes
- Develop better programs based on best practices in continuing professional development
- Deliver better programs that are outcome-based learning experiences
- Enhance their reputations as Program Directors, driving increased participation and possibilities for advancement
CPD understands the policies and intricacies of the accreditation process. Program Directors can access this valuable resource to assist in expediting accreditation of their program. In addition to providing support throughout the accreditation process, the CPD team can assist in planning and implementing continuing professional development activities. Learn about the Educational Consulting and Program and Conference Management services that can help your next program succeed.
CPD’s web-based event management system (EVMS) makes the accreditation process simple.
- Submit all program materials for accreditation and sponsorship. Materials are shared through accessing the system to facilitate peer review and the discussion of program design. This results in a faster review process.
- The online registration management service creates records of registrants CE profiles and activities, automatically generates accreditation documentation letters for attendees, and links with the CFPC and RCPSC membership profiles to allow for permission-based automatic transfer of continuing education credits (registrants simply need to provide their national college ID number), thereby eliminating the administrative burden.
Program and Conference Management
Program Directors can rely on CPD’s expertise in event management, logistics, and services for the production of world-class programs for healthcare professionals locally, nationally, and internationally. Streamline your conference planning with help from our team. They provide comprehensive support from start to finish. Whether you are planning a small, one-time program, or a complex, multi-session, multi-day conference, our expert conference management team will take care of the details to make your continuing education program a success.
Awards & Grants
CPD has eight annual Awards in Continuing Education that recognize excellence in research, scholarship, innovation, teamwork and long term commitment to continuing education for faculty at the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine. Program Directors and Committee members are eligible for consideration. Award recipients are acknowledged each year at the Annual Educational Achievement Celebration hosted by the Faculty of Medicine. Additional details can be found on the Scholarship in CPD page.
Commercial Support Guidance
CPD’s Accreditation and Educational Consulting teams can provide guidance on the management of relationships between private for-profit entities and the Faculty consistent with the University of Toronto’s policy on commercial support. This is policy is applicable for all Educational and Research activities. Connect with our team to learn more – firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Directors working with CPD can take advantage of these additional benefits:
- Advice on program timing and placement to avoid possible conflicts, and maximize attendance
- GST exemption for registration fees (U of T program fee policy)
- Promotion of programs on the CPD website and across CPD social channels
To discuss CPD’s services and how they can help you with your educational program, please contact: email@example.com
Educational Consulting Services
CPD offers free access to Educational Consulting experts to advise Program Directors on best practices in continuing education and professional development. Support is provided in program development and design (needs assessment, objectives, education/learning formats), evaluation strategies and other essential components of accreditation and sponsorship. These services can assist in developing outcome-based continuous learning experiences.
- Program design: support and training for needs assessment methodologies, writing learning objectives, choosing effective methodologies and developing evaluation strategies
- Accreditation process: assistance with the CPD program proposal system and facilitation of the accreditation process, ensuring that programs meet the standards for U of T accreditation and sponsorship, which should ultimately expedite the accreditation process for Program Directors.
- Specialized training: teaching, audience interaction and facilitation techniques for both small and large group situations
- One-on-one coaching: personalized training for presentation and facilitation skills
- Special interest learning modules: topics include effecting and measuring change; developing communities of practice; advanced needs analysis techniques; identifying and working with educational influencers; practice-based learning and outcomes measurement
Educational Consultants ensure that learning best practices are identified, understood and addressed in program design and delivery. This assists in effective knowledge translation to health care learners which fosters improved health outcomes.
Learn more about our Educational Consulting services – firstname.lastname@example.org